Welcome to the Dorchester Community Website!
DNA Board Celebrates Neighborhood Transformation!
Over the past 10 years, six homeowners elected to the board, have worked diligently to make repairs, improvements, and renovations to Association amenities which have significantly enhanced the desirability of Dorchester for current and future residents.
Board of Director Elections will be held October 10, 2018 at the Annual Members Meeting.
To review the biographies and qualifications of the 2018-2019 candidates, click on the button below:
IMPORTANT: Check your mail for Absentee Ballots and several proposed amendments to our Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
Dorchester Neighborhood Office Hours
The 2018 Summer Newsletter has been posted online!
Log in to access the Member section.
Goodbye summer... Hello Fall!
Fall is a good time to take care of big home repair projects before shorter days (and in some cases, ice and snow) make outdoor work too difficult. Take some time this fall to boost energy efficiency throughout your home. Proper insulation, new windows, doors and weather strips & seals help keep heating costs down. Make sure your home is prepared for the fall and winter seasons ahead.
Here are some tips:
- Trim trees and shrubs to help prevent damage to your home caused by winter storms
- Rake fallen leaves to ensure good/solid spring growth
- Clean gutters and downspouts
- Make exterior repairs - (roof, siding, foundation etc.)
- Seal gaps and small holes to prevent rodents and small critters from entering your home
- Check walkways, railings, stairs and the driveway for safety
- Stock up on winter supplies - (Check the condition of snow shovels and ice scrapers; replace as needed. Pick up pet & plant-safe ice melt, Restock emergency kits for cars and home)
- Shut off exterior faucets and store hoses
- Check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors - replace batteries every 6 months
- Clean dryer vents
- Schedule a chimney cleaning and heating system maintenance
Even though the 2018 Pool Season is over, it's never too late to start getting the jump on next season.
DCAC forms and Waivers of Liability will be mailed out and included with your 2019 HOA Payment Booklets. Liability forms must be signed and received by the office before DCACs can be activated for the 2019 season.
If you're new to the neighborhood, if you're missing the necessary forms for 2019, or you've never had DCAC(s) issued to you and/or your family, please call or stop by the Dorchester Neighborhood Office during normal business hours any time throughout the year.
IMPORTANT TIP: The Dorchester office is always busy just before and during pool season. Appointments may be necessary. You can avoid the pre-season crowds by taking care of DCAC business early!
Charles County Sheriff's Office:
NON EMERGENCY: (301) 932-2222
For all EMERGENCIES dial 911
See something? Say something!